A: Access your email with our easy-to-use webmail
or any POP3 email client such as Outlook, Outlook Express, iMail or Mozilla Thunderbird.
Settings for a POP3 email client are as follows:
incoming mail server
outgoing mail server
account name or username
your email address, including @integrity.com on the end
A: To access your account information online you will need to know the main username and password on your account. This may or may not be the same as your email address. Click here
to access your account information.
A: An individual or group may obtain your email address in many different ways (newsletter, product purchase, virus, etc.). Once your address is obtained, you may receive one or many unsolicited emails usually advertising a product or service.
Integrity Online has an 8 level customized email filter for your protection. Your email account is set at the default setting of 5. If you are receiving SPAM, you may consider lowering your setting. You can adjust your email filter settings through the webmail interface. The lowest setting will only allow email from people you have specifically listed. In some cases, it may be advisable to change your email address.
- Keep a separate address for use when giving your email to commercial entities or subscribing to newsletters.
- Install an anti-virus program such as AVG Antivirus.
A: You should call 1-800-468-3474 in order to add any new e-mail addresses.
A: To configure Outlook Express, follow the instructions below.
- Open Outlook Express.
- Click on Tools and then Accounts.
- Click on Add and then Mail.
- Enter your name or nickname. Click Next.
- Enter your integrity.com email address. Click Next.
- Choose POP3 from the drop down window.
- Enter pop.integrity.com as your incoming mail server name.
- Enter smtp.integrity.com as your outgoing mail server name. Click next.
- Enter your email address including @integrity.com on the end as the account name.
- Enter your password. Check "remember password". Click Next.
- Click Finish.
- If you get an Import Wizard choose "do not import now" and click Next then Finish.
- Click Close.
If you have any further questions or need assistance please contact our friendly technicians at 1-800-468-3474, available and ready to assist you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Many times this is caused by a misconfigured proxy setting. Follow the instructions below to correctly configure your proxy setting.
- Open up the Control Panel (Start button = => Settings = => Control Panel)
- Double click the "Internet Options" or "Internet" icon, this will bring up the properties for Internet Explorer
- Click the Connections tab**
- Highlight your Integrity Online connection by clicking once (the connection you use should have "Default" next to it), then click the Settings button
- "Use a proxy server" should be the only box checked on this screen
- Click the"Advanced" button in the Proxy Server section of the screen
- Verify that proxy.integrity.com is entered in the first field next to HTTP
- Make sure 80 is in the "Port" column
- Now click OK button twice to exit
**Please note you can also get to the Internet Explorer properties by opening up the Internet Explorer program and clicking on "Tools" menu and then "Internet Options"
If you are using a different operating system or browser, please call our support technicians at 1-800-468-3474, 24/7 to assist in configuring your proxy settings.
A: Yes, our DSL and dial-up service will work with Macintosh computers, but you may need to call one of our friendly support technicians to walk you through the setup. Call our support line 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at 1-800-468-3474.
Our residential filtering software is not compatible with Macintosh; however, if you have a public static IP address or range and 5 or more workstations, you might consider our Commercial Filter Product. Again, give us a call at 1-800-468-3474.
A: You need to reconfigure your Outlook settings to not disconnect your internet connection when you check your mail. Please follow the instructions below to change this setting.
- Open Outlook Express
- Click on Tools
- Choose Options
- Click on the Connection tab
- Uncheck the 'Hang up after sending and receiving' option
A: Outlook Express may be configured to prevent attachments from being opened as a security precaution. To disabloe this option please follow the instructions below.
- Open Outlook Express
- Choose Options from Outlook Express' Tools menu.
- Click the Security Tab.
- Click to remove the checkmark by the option called, "Do not allow attachments to be saved or opened that could potentially be a virus."
- Click the OK button.
- Close and restart Outlook Express, if necessary.
There is a service that runs by default on Windows 2000 or Windows XP machines that can allow these type of messages to appear. Please follow the instructions below to disable this service.
- Click on Start
- Choose Settings
- Choose Control Panel
- Open Administrative Tools
- Open Services
- Find the Messenger service
- Right Click on the Messenger service and choose properties
- Change the Startup Type to Manual
- Click Ok
- Right Click on the Messenger service and choose stop
A: Integrity's Dial-Up Accelerator allows you to increase the speed of your internet experience by up to five times using your existing dial-up phone line and modem. It is easy to install, simple to use, and doesn’t alter any of your existing software.
A: Dial-Up Accelerator speeds up certain text and graphics on web pages. You will notice a significantly faster experience when you visit web sites, read your e-mail on the Web, and perform many other web-based activities. It will not currently accelerate file downloads such as music files, streaming media or non-web-based email programs such as Outlook Express.
A: Dial-Up Accelerator works on both Windows and Macintosh computers.
A: Call our friendly technicians 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at 1-800-468-3474.
A: Right-clicking the image and selecting "Show Original Image" allows you to view the original image.
A: Right-click the high-speed dial-up taskbar icon and select "Settings". Select the "Image Quality" tab. Adjust the slider bar to the desired image quality setting. Press OK to save the changes.
A: The recommended system requirements for high-speed dial-up are a Pentium 200MHz with 64MB of RAM and at least 5 MB of hard-disk space.
Regardless, high-speed dial-up will work within your current system configuration to provide you with the best content acceleration.
A: Yes, visit wm.integrity.com
to access domain mail via the web. Make sure to include the realm in the username (ex. email@example.com) and change the server to your domain (ex. mail.yourdomain.com).
A: You will need to use a registrar such as Network Solutions
to register your domain name. Make sure and set the DNS servers to ns1.integrity.com and ns2.integrity.com in order for us to host your page.
A: With our basic hosting service you will need to design your own page. You may hire a webmaster or research many of the free developmental tools found online.